Egron is an ancient realm of expansive forests, untamed wilderness, and vast seas. The Pantheon populated the realm with beauty, creatures (Birth of the Ancient Races), and races large and small. The Ancient Races of Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes comprised the goodly folk of the lands and made their homes in forest, mountain, and in between.
The Pantheon was a benign collection for the most part, although some skirted the line of neutrality very closely. Then the Gods of Good were torn asunder by a Dark presence and Evil perversions of their created beings manifested (The Rift) themselves. Born of this chaos were the evil races of Drow, Duergar, and Svirfneblin; all twisted and evil copies of their respective Ancient Race.
The will of these newly created Evil beings empowered the Dark presence to separate into new entities within the Pantheon and thus the Gods of Evil were born. The Maanalainen (underground) was created by these Evil Gods and copies of the Ancient Races of the world begin to fill the massive space beneath the surface of Egron. War was discovered and it changed the face of Egron forever.
The Gods of Good and Evil seeded (The Seeding) the realm with more races in their expanding war both in the realm and on the Planes. After a time a stalemate was reached and the Gods ability to influence the realm was relegated to the spells and visions they could grant their worshippers.
- Birth of the Ancient Races
- The Rift
- Gods of Evil were born
- The Maanalainen (underground) was created
- The Seeding
- After a time a stalemate was reached and the Gods ability to influence the realm was relegated to the spells and visions they could grant their worshippers.
- Great Elven Ranger Belven Taletreader lead the Elven Army to final victory over the Drow.
- The Dwarf-Elf War begins
- Inevitably, this war spilled over into the human kingdoms. This was the start of the 100 Year War
- As the Elves and the Dwarves fought, the ten Human kingdoms took the opportunity to profit from trading with one or both sides, encroached upon the lands of one or both sides, or attempted to seize control of the lands of their fellow Humans.
- The combined strength of the Human Kingdoms was enough to compel the Elves and Dwarves to a Council between the three races. This was known as “The Great Council”.
- Finally the day of the Great Council. Each has arrived here for a different reason, but are all here for the same purpose. To finally put an end to the war between the three goodly races. Each of the 10 Human Kingdoms have sent delegations, the 4 Dwarf Clans have sent their representatives, and the King of all the Elf Enclaves and his advisors act as hosts in the great northern Elven city of Icehaven.
- No one really knows what happened at The Great Tragedy. Only that almost all of the leaders of all the kingdoms were killed that day.
- With the goodly races at odds, there is no one to hold back the Evil Races, and the edges of civilization are shrinking
Now is the Age of Strife and from all sides the darkness encroaches. The fate of the world hangs in the balance and there is but only one path that leads to salvation.